Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School Hong Kong SAR China
How to preempt cybersecurity challenges in the digital world
The growth of digital and net-enabled businesses brings new security challenges. Many large organizations, including the most popular technology service providers have fallen victim to cyberattacks. This program provides a managerial overview of the state of cybersecurity with an emphasis on common protection strategies and emerging risks in the business setting. It provides practical knowledge and guidance on designing effective security solutions and policies to address these risks.
- Explain the development of cybersecurity and new vulnerabilities due to technology development and innovations
- Compare and contrast prevailing security protection strategies commonly deployed in the global regime, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Analyze global cybersecurity trends including Internet of things, cyber-extortion, compromise of business processes, and international policies
- Design effective strategies to manage and preempt cybersecurity risks
Through this program, you will learn the following:
- Identify potential vulnerabilities in business designs and operations
- Assess the efficacy of different security protection tools and measures
- Identify, explain, and address the limitations of existing cybersecurity solutions
- Risk management strategies catered for cybersecurity threats
- New technologies and policies related to cybersecurity
Upon completion of the program participants will receive a certificate of participation issued by HKUST Business School.
Who Should Attend
- Executives who need to design business process and operations that are resilient to cybersecurity threats and attacks
- Managers who need to handle digital resources, or who need to manage people who handle digital resources
This will be a one-day program with four sessions of 1.5 hours each.
- Session 1: Current trends in cybersecurity
- Session 2: Overview and analysis of security protection strategies
- Session 3: Managing cybersecurity risks in view of current developments in security technologies
- Session 4: Latest developments in cybersecurity technologies and policies
Course Date & Time